Friday, November 18, 2011

summer twilight

sun slides down beyond
gold
and red
crawling
across fading
azure
deepening to
violet

sweat
makes faded cotton
sheets cling
to
my hairless limbs

drawn curtains
filled with
brown
and
yellow
flowers
illuminated in full
bloom

boredom fueled
anxiety
inflames my
eyes
my mind spilling
over
the oil of resentment

in the gloaming
a woman's scream
faded and
echoing
from distance
wraps
around

tall
spider armed
silhouettes

the howl
of
longing
despair
agony
calls
to my
timid soul
cowering in loathsome
flesh
hiding
from the
rage
and mercurial affections
of god

haunting
the silence in my
dimmed hearing
and i see
through the cataracts
of time
a place where
fear was easily
seen
and heard
leaving behind the
longing for those
beautiful
wails

in deepening blackness
all fades
leaving the bitter taste of ash
as my limbs
grow
numb
and my sight
fades

No comments:

Post a Comment